Friday, June 14, 2013

Overcoming our own limitations

Do you find you're often intimidated by something that appears to be difficult?  I had seen pictures of this stitch and loved the texture of it but couldn't figure out how it was done.  Finally, I downloaded a pattern.  Wouldn't you know?  It's really very simple.

It's sad how many times in our lives, we think "I can't to that."  We believe we're not talented enough, or smart enough, or capable enough.  Sometimes it takes someone else believing in us but, now that I'm alone with neither partner nor job, I find I really need to believe in myself.

I can find the information.  I can find the resource.  I can find someone to help me.  I can do it!  And many times, I find that which I thought would be so hard, turns out to be very simple.  All I had to do was take the time and try.
Whether it's a new crochet stitch or pattern, or whether it's a much more life-altering change, believe in yourself.  Sometimes you may need someone to help you, but that's okay.  You can do it!


Note:  For those interested, you'll find the pattern on Ravelry.



No comments:

Post a Comment